Monday, February 1, 2010

thought of the day.388

Ricky Gervais speaking about his godless movie, The Invention of Lying:

"One reviewer said that ‘I don’t know why Ricky Gervais feels the need to shove his atheism down our throat’. I thought, woah, well this is one film that dares to presume the lack of God, whereas every other film I’ve ever seen presumes a God. There are door-to-door Bible salesmen. It’s taught in schools as fact. Children are indoctrinated with it from the age of four. And I’m the one shoving the ideas! Surely, we can have a discussion about it?

It seems a little bit unfair. And I don’t think it is atheist propaganda, in a world where no one has ever had the ability to lie, as an atheist, to suggest I believe that religion was started by man. And I put that in a film. I’d be a hypocrite to say anything else."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wait, God is taught in schools as fact? Children are indoctrinated from God? Not if they don't go to a Christian school, and aren't fortunate enough to have Christian parents.